The Garden Center Symposium assembles as a group each year to learn cutting edge information from world-class speakers, share experiences, and have some fun. The program is organized and operated by members of a board of directors that includes garden center and greenhouse owners and operators, growers, and suppliers from Wisconsin and Illinois.
The Garden Center Symposium (GCS) was established in 1964 and has grown steadily since. The yearly program is currently held in January at the Country Springs Hotel in Waukesha, WI. Over 200 attendees representing more than 80 garden center firms in the Midwest come to the GCS for the exceptional seminars and vendors.
Key features of the Garden Center Symposium:
- Nationally and internationally renowned speakers
- Affordable registration prices
- Seminar topics based on industry trends and requests from attendees
- The Trade Show, heralded by exhibitors as the best buy in the industry, with over 50 booths available.
- Coffee breaks and Attitude Adjustment Hour, with provided refreshments
- Relaxed atmosphere, an ideal setting for in-depth discussions and socializing between vendors and attendees.
The GCS also promotes the future of the garden center industry by awarding scholarships each year to students of horticulture. Monies for the scholarships are raised at the symposium through a live auction.