The Garden Center Symposium (www.gardencentersymposium.com) is offering one (1) scholarship to a student studying horticulture or a related subject area relevant to the green industry. Students enrolled in two or four year programs are eligible to apply. The scholarship recipient will receive a $1,000 unrestricted scholarship along with complimentary registration for the 2016 Garden Center Symposium, January 20 & 21, 2016. The completed application must be received (electronic is preferred) by the scholarship committee by December 1, 2015. The scholarship recipient will be notified prior to January 4, 2016.
- Recipient should be majoring or minoring in horticulture or a related field (business, marketing, etc., with plans to be a part of the green industry.
- Recipient should have at least one quarter or semester remaining following spring term 2016.
- Recipient should have a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- An interest in a career in the garden center industry is preferred.
- Applications must be received by December 1, 2015.
- Undergraduate students only are eligible to apply.
Along with the enclosed application include:
- Statement of Purpose:
On a separate sheet of paper, state why you wish to pursue a career in horticulture. Describe your career goals and how a scholarship will help you meet them. Include your interest and work or study related to horticulture.
- College Transcripts:
Please include a copy of your official college transcript.
- Recommendation Letters:
Three letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor or instructor, explaining your interest in horticulture should be included with the application form.
Application, supporting materials, and letters of recommendation must be received by December 1, 2015.
Submit this application to:
Garden Center Symposium Scholarship
c/o Eileen Nelson
1575 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic preferable)